Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week #16

Meooowww!






! Hola Family and Friends¡

Everything is going really well down here in Peru. Hermana Cadenas and I have been working so hard. All the work makes the time go fast, I can't believe that it is already May.I am looking forward to being able to Skype my family this weekend!!! I'm excited and a little bit nervous. Excited because duhhh its my family and I miss them a ton but also it is reopening the homesickness wound that has already healed.

All of our investigators are doing greatl! Eight of them attended church this week. David had his interview on Sunday and is preparing to be baptized next Saturday! Wahoo!!! I can't wait David is sooooo ready for baptism. He is awesome.

The members of our ward are very supportive! They are always willing to help. Hermana Calra is the best! She is a 25 year old return missionary  and she comes with us every single Sunday and Wednesday! Working with the members is so important. Missionary work isn’t just forthe missionaries any more.  The testimony and spirit that members add, help our investigators progress sooooo much! Carla has been a mentor for Hermana Cadnes and I. Because we are both somewhat new so she has taken us under her wing. Sometimes we go over to her house and just practice discussions, or read preach my gospel together. Shes like the Yoda of missionary work. Also we have a lot of help from our penchinista Hermana Edith. Hermana Edith is so fun to work with! Shes has a great sense of humor and she is so patient and loving. Shes basically our mom in the field. We are planning  to bring her small gifts on Mothers day because she just takes care of us all the time. Whenever we don’t eat dinner we know we can just walk into her house and grab something. I'm pretty sure she is even going to give us  a copy of her house key so we can just come in whenever.  Her husband Marcos is our Mission Leader so we love the whole family. 

I love you all and hope that you help the missionaries in your ward!

See you Next Summmmmmahhh!
Hermana Huish                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment