Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 18


You have to watch where you are walking in Lima or you could end up in a hole!

Service Day

Giant zone soccer tournament, it was sooo much fun!




Aloha family and friends!

These past few weeks I have been crazy busy planning a wedding, and let me tell you I am NEVER going to be a wedding planner after my mission. We have been through the best and the worst organizing this event. There have been so many ups and downs. One moment everyone is happy and everything is proceeding according to plan, then the next moment a crisis arises and we are in a tailspin.There is no doubt that this wedding wouldn't even be happening without divine intervention. For example the necessary legal paper work didn't go through on time so the original date of 24th needed to be changed to the 27th. Unfortunately, all of the brides family was arriving on the 22nd and leaving the 25th, so this was a HUGE problem. We tried to explain to A (the bride) that we could still have  the celebration on the 24th and just sign  papers on the 27th but she was having none of that. She said if she couldn't get married on the 24th she didn't even want the wedding. After already planning so much and even raising money for it Hermana Cadenas and I wear literally at a loss for words. There was nothing left we could say to  persuade her to go ahead with the ceremony. We left the meeting with Anna to say a quiet little prayer and in it we asked for help with the situation, even a miracle if necessary.  When we returned to the meeting A's two friends were there already trying to convince her to still get married! The timing couldn't have been more perfect! So finally she agreed and then!!!...we found a way that she could still get married the 24th. She had to pay some extra money to expedite the papers, but its done and now everything is back on track. Throughout the whole wedding planning her husband has been very reluctant. He is always back and forth, one day he wants to get married then the next day NO! Yesterday he was on the "No" train and he said that he wasn't going to even show up. Hermana Cadenas and I were again at a loss of words, having no idea of how to convince him that getting married was the right thing to do. So we planned a lesson with A, her husband N and our Pentchinista, Edith, and her husband to try to show them the blessings of being married in the temple and raising their family in the gospel. The spirit was so strong in this lesson, everyone was in tears. I am so thankful because they are going to go through with the wedding. Everyone keep your fingers crossed on the 24th and say a prayer for A and N that all goes well.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It has blessed me in so many ways. Being on a mission I interact  with people daily who don't have this light, truth, and peace in their lives. I see first hand how difficult it is to face the trials and ups and downs in life without the anchor of the gospel I am thankful that I was raised in the church and have this solid foundation. I wouldn't be who am I am today without the gospel in my life, I also wouldn't be where I am. I just wish that people were more willing to accept this good news into their lives. It's like I have a giant piece of delicious cake and I want to share it with everyone so they can know how good it is, but sometimes people don't want the cake! I feel bad for them because the cake tastes amazing! 

Love you all!
Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment