Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 19 The Wedding!!!


The brides two daughter's and her nieces


Cadenas and I at the wedding




Our awesome missionary painting service project


Zonas Magnolias right before transfers. We all got awards and mine was for "Mas Feliz en el Mundo"

missionary friends


more missionary friends, awwww





Aloha!
This week so much happened and it went by so fast I honestly don't even know what to share with you all! I'll start with transfers. This week we had transfers and luckily none of the Hermanas were transferred so I'm still in the same area with Hermana Cadenas!  Three elders left to different areas and Elder Urozola finished his mission! Its so awesome to serve with a successful missionary like Elder Urzola. He was a great example, so smart and he always cleaned my plate at lunch! The last day our zone was all together we watched Disney movies. We received permission to watch Finding Nemo and Lion King! Also our Zone leaders made awards for everyone! I got the "Mas Feliz en el Mundo" Award. Hermana Cadenas and I are excited to be together for another transfer! The other night we tried to dye her hair light brown but before we finished we ran out of dye! So only half of her hair is light brown and the other half is black! Opps! So now we have to dye it black again and then dye it brown! I felt so bad about screwing up her hair it was pretty bad  and she had to wear headbands everyday this week. I guess I won't be a wedding planner or a beautician after my mission.

I have talked a little bit about the wedding that we put together. Here are a few more details, A really wanted to paint her house for the celebration so all the missionaries got together for service and we painted her house. I don't know if you can really see in the picture or not but in all honesty it was a really shoddy paint job! I would never let missionaries paint my house. (I won't be a painter either.) There was paint all over the floor all over the furniture, and it was  super uneven! But Hermana A was thrilled about it! She was so happy and I'm glad that we could make her happy! The wedding finally happened! HIP HIP HOORAY!!! Finally after all that stress and drama before the wedding they officially signed the papers! Litterally this wedding was stressfull up to the last minute! They showed up almost an hour late to their own wedding and it almost didnt even happend because they were so late! BUTTTTT IT HAPPENED! Hermana A and Hermano N are now husband and wife. Im so grateful for the opportunity to help this family. The next step is baptism for N and then the temple! 
Another really cool experience we had this week was with Hermano. We have been teaching Hermano  for over a month now. He was having several issues with accepting that there was only one true church. In all honesty he is just this cute little old man that wants to hear the word of God and will go to any church to hear it. The reason he likes our church is because it is conveniently close to his house, and he doesn't have to walk far. We focused on the apostasy and the restoration. Then we were really direct with him and asked him to pray that night about which church is true. The next visit we had with him he told us he received an answer to his prayers. He had a dream that the church with the fence was the Church of Jesus Christ the true church and the church that Jesus established when he was on the Earth. Thank goodness our church building has a big fence. He said that he wanted to be baptized as soon as possible! We were so excited about this! So then we taught him the law of chastity and found out he was not married and was not divorced from his old wife..... great another wedding. But I think Herminios wedding will be a lot easier because he is a really chill old guy that just wants to make God happy. 
Being here in the mission is just crazy. Honestly theres no way to explain it unless you have experienced it, and still everyone has different experiences. I am beyond grateful to be serving here in Peru and I know that I am here for a purpose. I love the work that I'm doing and I love getting letters so please write me!
Love you all! and see you next summer!
Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment