Monday, June 2, 2014

Week #20, A day with the President

Aloha!
I feel somewhat bad  because so much happens during the week that I can't write you all everything! I like the scripture 3 John 1:13-14, I think it describes my feelings perfectly! 

13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and penwrite unto thee:
14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.
 First of all it is amazing how far I have come on my mission! I feel like I have grown and changed so much already and It's unreal  that I started in January and its already June! How crazy? Time in the mission seems to be flying by! This week we attended a Zone Meeting and the president came down to lead it. Truly, our president is so awesome! He gave a wonderful lecture about the limits of the adversary. He talked about how we can stop the adversary through our own righteousness. He made a funny comparison to Gandolf in Lord of the Rings. When Gandolf says YE SHALL NOT PASS! He also talked a lot about how to make lasting strong converts instead of baptizing people who are going to end up inactive. He stresssed the importance of visiting less actives and recent converts, because they dont have the firm roots that the members do. They need every bit of support we can give them. At the conclusion of the lecture the president choose one companionship  to join for their lessons the rest of the day. He picked Hermana Cadenas and I! Holy cow!  we were so nervous in the beginning, the President was coming to all our investigators! AHHH we only had one confirmed lesson for the day and the rest of the time we didn't have any firm plans. The day ended up turning out really well!! We had three hours with the president and we had three rock on lessons! The president has so much power in his teaching. I was so happy he came with us, I learned a lot from him. Plus he is super cool so I'm glad that we had the chance to get to know him a little bit better.
Right now we are teaching some incredible families!  We had a noche de hogar with Cynthia and Jesus along with their 4 little girls. They attended church this Sunday and they loved it! Both really felt the spirit and wanted to to be baptized the problem is that they aren't married and Jesus isnt divorced from his previous wife. Divorce and marriage have clearly been a pretty big problem for a lot of our investigators. It is just a little obstacle though because they truly have the desire to become members which is great! Cynthia isconstantly smiling and always friendly. Picture Jesus as this somewhat older balding guy with the best sense of humor! 

This week is going to be really special. Hermana Cadenas and I are going to the temple on Wednesday! I cant wait to go it is such a place of strength!

Love yall!
Next summer is going to come faster then I think!
Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment