Sunday, October 5, 2014

My new Trio!



Hola!!

My post is early this week because our entire mission has a huge futbol (soccer) tournament on Monday. I am looking forward to playing soccer and seeing some of my friends from other zones.

Last week I was put in a trio and so far it is teaching me a lot of patience.  Hermana F and Hermana P have been together for a while so I kind of feel like the third wheel but I know this will change and we all will adjust, I need to give the situation a little more time. Hermana F. is actually a GREAT teacher and I am learning so much from her. This week we found a new investigator named J. The first lesson we taugth him went very well. We focused on all of his needs and answered his questions. He told us that he has never felt like this before about a church. He said that he has attended many different churches and that his whole family is Christian but he has never  felt at peace with any of the religions he ahs investigated. We explained to him that the peace he was now feeling was the Holy Ghost testifying to him. He accepted that and agreed to watch general conference with us this weekend. I think God was preaparing him because about a month ago J said that he had a dream and that an angel came to him in the dream to teach him the truth. During the lesson, he pointed to me and said that he felt the spirit of truth when I spoke. It is so gratifying to be able to bring light into other peoples lives and to share the gospel with them. God prepares us all in different ways, some through dreams, others through trials and life experiences. Each persons path is unique. We invited J to think about being baptized. He was willing to listen and pray for his own answers which is perfect.

This week also we had an experience with Hermana L. She has had a lot of hard things pass in her life. Her daughter is special needs, her son just left rehab. She had a broken arm and couldn't find work. She has had a lot of bad things happen and this past week her husband died in the hospital. I felt awful for her. All I could think of was to share with her the story of Job. That he had every thing he ever wanted. Satan tempted him every way possible. Satan took away his riches, his family, his home, he even had diseases. But we can all learn from Job because he never turned against God. In fact he actually drew closer  to God for help. When bad things happen in our lives we have to option to go to God for help or we can give into Satan and resent God for what has happened. I know that if we can go to God we will be blessed. After the trials of Job he was blessed more than ever. her had more flocks, and more children than before. I know God sometimes gives us trials to test us, and that if we can get through them we can become better than ever before. its also important to rembember that God will never give us something that we cant handle in Corinthians 10:13 no os ha sobrevenido ninguna tentacion ue no sea humanaƱ pero fiel es Dios, que no os deara ser tentados mas de lo que podeis resistir, sino que dara tambien juntamente con la tentacion la salida, para que podais sportar. 

Hope you all have a good week!
See you next summer,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment