Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week #72 The home stretch



Hola!!!
I am in my final transfer and last 6 weeks of the mission. It blows me away how quickly the time has gone. This week I read Acts 20:22-38 and these scriptures about Paul the apostle are the perfect description for how I have been feeling. 
“But none of these things amove me, neither count I myblife dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the cgospel of the dgrace of God.
Near the end, it is common for some missionaries to get “trunky”,  or  lazy and casual in their service,  but I feel just the opposite. In fact, as I enter into these last six weeks I feel a surge and urgent need to share the gospel with every single person I come in contact with. The pressure to protect, warn and teach as many people and families as I can is strong. Helping individuals change their lives is the greatest blessing of missionary service. The pressure I have recently felt caused me to ask for a comfort blessing from the elders. WOW! The blessing was as if God was talking directly to me. God told me that he was happy with everything that I have accomplished, with who I have become, and all the efforts that I have put into the mission. God blessed me that I could finish my mission with strength and with joy. I have come to love Peru and all the people here. (I also have nightmares that when I get home I won’t be able to speak English, hahaha.)


This week has been an excellent week.  Right now we have three families that we are teaching and are progressing. Familia C, Familia T, and Familia B. The gospel is very focused on families.  If we follow the commandments and Jesus within  our family  we can recieve many blessings, and much joy. I am so thankful for the three families that we are teaching. It is beautiful to be able to help them come to church, learn and obey the commandments and bring them closer to God. Every family of course has their issues or problems even those that are part of the church but the gospel can help us overcome our weaknesses and fortify our families. 

I am thankful for my family. Parents who taught me to be obedient to the commandments of the lord have been one of the greatest blessings of my life.  Serving a mission has helped me appreciate my family even more because I have been able to experience  many kinds of people and all types of families. I know that serving a mission will bless my future family becuase I am better preapred for what is to come.
Hope yoe are all well,

Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment