Tuesday, March 3, 2015

week #59 Fruits of the work





HELLLO! 
 I have been a little frustrated in my area recently because it was not yielding many "frutos" or results. I started to doubt myself as a missionary and the work it self. But, I have learned that I need to look at the big picture and focus on improving what is in my control. As I turn inward and evaluate my own deficiencies the path to perfection and improvement becomes clearer. God’s plan is for us to learn from our mistakes. So this week I took a big long look at my debilities and what personal issues I have that may be holding back our work. As funny as it seems, the attribute I kept coming back to was patience. The last several months I have been completely caught up in the time. In the mission we never have enough time to accomplish all that we need to do. I have been too concerned about getting through the lessons and teaching the doctrine of the scriptures that I forgot to listen to the doubts and needs of the investigatores. I was just “teaching” lessons instead of letting the spirit truly testify that what we are saying is true. This lack of patience is one reason our investegatores are not progressing.  Thank goodness for my companion, Hna Espinoza, she has been helping me to listen and teach according to the doubts and concerns of the investigatores. We can ask them questions about what they have learned and if they really feel and believe what they are teaching. It takes patience to stop a lesson and ask instead of just pushing through the material but in the end it is more effective.  As I have learned to take a step back and LISTEN miraculously, we have started to see more progress with our investigatores and our less actives. People have desires to come to church instead excuses. It was a really nice change to witness. So my message this week if you are dealing with a problem is to take a look at your own weaknesses and what you might be contributing to the issue. If we cant recognize our own weaknesses we are going to suffer from them forever. Self analysis and repentance, and change all equal forward progress.  Going through this process we will see a difference in our lives,  we will become humble, and we will come closer to Christ as we develop his attributes and characteristic. In the end we will be just plain happier!!

A very spiritual experience that we had this week was with a reference named K.  She is moving in to an apartment with a recent convert G. We served K  by helping her with all of her suitcases as she moved them to her apartment on the 5th floor.  She was very grateful. Just as we were going to share a message with her she realized that she lost her wallet. We all  ran back to the park was earlier in the day and her wallet was still there! In Lima, that is a miracle that no one took her wallet.  We helped K realize that this was a blessing from God. We explained to her that when we obey God he blesses us. In that moment the spirit testified to K that what we were saying was true and she started to cry. This past Sunday she came to church and I know that she will continue to progress and come closer to God. 

Another great experience that we had was with our investigatore W. He works in the police department and has a lot of knowledge of different religions. He has investigated everything from Jehovas whitness, to Muslim and from Mormons to the Catholics. But he explained that he hasn't been converted to any. When we came to his door and began teaching him, he started to believe. He works in crime investigation so has the ability to read people very easily. Thank goodness I believe everything that I am teaching him. I know he could tell if I didn't. I feel good that I know that the church is true that I am completely convinced that this is true.  I am also thankful for the testimony that I have so that I can share and help others obtain that same testimony.
I am definitely beginning to see a difference in our lessons and I am starting to feel the spirit more. I just had to take a step back, evaluate what was holding us back and then change so that our area could progress and we could have many "frutos".


Thanks for everything
Hermana Huish 

No comments:

Post a Comment