Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #33 The gospel is good and so are S'mores!

 
Missionaries have to get creative for fun on their missions.  I decided we needed to have a campout since my Companion Hermana P has never had a s'more before. We made a tent and plugged in the hot plate for the fire, hahaha!

Our marshmallows actually turned out perfect

 
 
Enjoying the finished product.


Dear Family!
Its amazzing how the Gospel blesses families! Hermana Pintado and I have been teaching the family B for about 2 months and the gospel is changing their lives, it is so cool to witness this transformation. The first couple lessons we had at their home were crazy! R is a single mother and  she has had a really hard time raising her children alone. She has to work all day and finds it difficult to discipline.  Last week we had a family home evening at her house and everyone was calm and attentive!! Two months ago we couldn't get the family to sit still for 2 minutes together. Its is wonderful to see the progress that they have made. We watched a video and they all paid attention and then they automatically new what to do for the prayer. We all knelt down and J the oldest even helped R the baby kneel down and cross her arms for the prayer. Going to church and lessons with us has really helped R and has  blessed her family with a new found peace and focus. It makes me think of how blessed I am to be born in a family that has the gospel.
The Gospel has affected my entire life. As a child I was able to learn good virtues and values, and I was able to remember those throughout my teenage years. Decisions as a teen were so much easier to make because I learned when I was a child. So when the time of temptation came I was able to stay away and CHOOSE THE RIGHT! I know that the decisions I made to choose the right will bless me in the future as well. I know that my mission will bless me. That I can raise my own family with good virtues, and valores. I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life. If it were not for the Gospel of Jesus Christ I wouldn't be in Peru dedicating my life to God. My mission has been one of the biggest blessings in my life and I am so grateful to be here. I'm  glad and thankful that I made the decision to serve a mission. 
Love y'all and see you next summer!
Hermana Huish
 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment