Monday, August 11, 2014

Week #30 Title of Liberty



Thanks for the sweaters MOM!!

I love my flat, check out the tile floor, luxury!


Pizza at the Mega Plaza








Hey Family and Friends!
This week we have been working really hard. We found a new Family to teach and they are so great. They are very open, ask tons of questions and always want to learn more. We also had success in an unexpected place. We stopped by a glasses tienda because my companion needed to update her perscription. We sat and talked to the the owner K for a long time and she invited us to come back because she wanted to learn more. We taught her about living prophets and challenged her to pray. She accepted our challenge and said that she needed to pray to see if this church is what she had been waiting for. How cool!  I can't wait to stop by and talk to her this week. Fortunately, we have a lot of investigatores and tons of discussions. WE are really happy in Begonias. Our ward is getting two more elders this week so the area is being split in half. I am a little sad because I love our entire area and every one in it, but it will be for the better because our boundaries are HUMONGOUS! 

I have been thinking about the sacrament this week and the covenants associated with it. When we partake of the sacrament, we promise to take upon us the savior's name, always remember him, and keep the commandments. Every week we hear the same prayer as the priests bless the water and the bread. So why is it even if we are reminded every Sunday of God that during the week we still forget him? Every one is guilty. There are many times when we forget about God. We get caught up in the day to day things we are doing. We get home late and are too tired to pray. We get busy and ignore our purpose. We forget why we are here.

Alma 46 is a beautiful chapter in the Book of Mormon. Its relays the story of the Nephites and how they digressed  from being righteous to very  wicked. The Nephites forgot their purpose. They got caught up in the their own things, their own thoughts and the started to forget their god and their purpose. Moroni is one of the great heros of the Book of Mormon. Moroni recognized that the people were falling into iniquity. He wanted to remind them of their purpose and of their God. "Änd it came to pass that he rent his coat and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it, 'Ïn the memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives and our children' and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.¨ Alma 46 12
I can just imagine Moroni with the ripped up flag of liberty waving it up and down declaring to the Nephite's that they were people of God and reminding them of their liberty and  their God. 
Reading this passage this week really hit me because it is true that it is so easy to forget our purpose. We get caught up in the small and trivial things that don't matter. So when I read this I decided to make my own Title of Liberty, and make my own promise to always remember my purpose.

Here is what I wrote this week:
I will serve my mission. I am here for the purpose to bringing people to Christ. Sometimes like the Nephites I can forget that purpose, but I will try to be quick to remember. I will be  steadfast and immovable in the gospel. This is a reminder that I am here in  memory of my God, my religion, my faith, who I was before, who I am now, and who I can become. I am here in the memory of my family, to make them proud. I am here for my future family to change who I am to become better. I am here for the purpose of changing the lives of others. 

"For thus were all the true believers of Christ. Who belonged to the church of God, called by those who did not belong to the  church. And those who belonged to the church were FAITHFUL, yea all those who were true believers in Christ took upon them, gladly the name of Christ or Christians as they were called because of their belief in Christ who should come." Alma 46 14'15
This is my title of Liberty I will be faithful steadfast and immovable. I will stand with God and always take upon me the name of Christ.

I made a little poster with my promise and signed the bottom. I'm not going to be like the nephites who were quick to forget.  I know that I can't do anything without God. We need him in everything that we do.





Lots of Love!!!
See you next summer!
Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment