Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week #57 Unity

My valentine Cody who lives downstairs


The Young women in my ward are AWESOME!








Hola Fmilia,
This week we discussed unity, specifically that our zone needs to be united as well as our companionship's. Since we are all without our family and friend networks, unity in the mission is necessary for acceptance, advice and comfort.  Our zone and district essentially become our family support system.
 We have had some positive experiences this week with the families that we are teaching. G and M are going to get married!! M is a less active and his wife hasn't been able to get baptized because they are not married yet. The good news is that they have prayed about it and said "YES TO THE DRESS" wahoo! I know it will be a great experience for the both of them and for their children. We held family home evening with them every week for a month and they have been saying their family prayers.

Family prayers can not be underestimated; they create unity and help every member come closer to one another and to God. Families like this inspire me to be obedient and keep working. When I first left on the mission my reason for serving was so that other families could have the happiness and Joy that comes from the gospel. I Know that we can have this joy as we live the gospel and teachings of jesus christ. I know that this gospel blesses individuals, families, and generations. 
Hermana Huish

No comments:

Post a Comment